Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Stuff Christian Like, the blog

OH MAN!
I have been busting stitches here going through this blog Stuff Christian Like.
Julie, and Mr and Mrs Harmon, Sandie, I especially think you guys'll get a kick from it . . .
I can't remember who first turned me on to this blog but I do remember being told to start from the beginning . . .
I did and have enjoyed it ever so much . . .
Let me copy and paste #8

#8. Singing friends are friends forever at camp.
There used to be an unwritten rule when it came to the last night of any Christian event: you must sing Michael W. Smith's "Friends are friends forever."
For me, that meant a guy named Jaime would bust out the electric piano and belt out the song that had all of us a little teary eyed. It was the perfect way to say goodbye to all the new friends you'd made at Christian camp but would probably never see again.
Take us out with the chorus Michael. Send us home happy:
Though it's hard to let you go In the fathers hands we know That a lifetimes not too long to live as friends.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, I so want to read this, but alas it is for "invited readers only". Work you magic my dear cousin and tell your blogging friend that I am worthy.

Susannah said...

Thanks for the link, and I'd love to visit too, but I don't have a magic key. :~D

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Wow, a lot's been going on in your life this past week...and here I am away from my computer. Do you suppose God honors retroactive prayers? I've always wondered about that. To god, time is different than it is to us.

Anyhoo. Glad your cousin is out, I'll say some prayers now. And I'll try not to be away so long again!

Jan said...

That's strange that they aren't getting into the blog... I think it's because he put three f's in the "stuff". Every day I go there to see what crazy thing he has come up with. He makes me laugh, but he does a good job balancing it out and not making fun of the serious things.