Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The post where I badly mix all sorts of idioms.

I mentioned in my interview over at A Cup of Joy how part of my day is to be prepared for interruptions.

Another part of that interview mentioned that one of our needs is a family van. Our own family mini-van a huffing and a puffing, with driving to and fro with a "I think I can, I think I can."

Well, today's interruption is helping my husband push the now kaput mini van to a spot, that should we be able to afford parts, he will see about making it run again.

Yesterday it puffed it's last and threw in the white flag.

I am thankful that it died under my husbands able hands instead of me with a load of kids.
I am thankful that we still have the slightly-running-better work truck of my husband's to get around.

But even so, I've got to go walk up the hill now to get my daughter from school. She gets out early today and that's a 25 minute walk with the other two kiddos along.

Ok, make that 30 minutes.

7 comments:

Heather Hansen said...

I'm sorry. :(

Are you still coming up tomorrow?

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Think of all the calories you'll burn!! You'll get some nice-looking calves, strengthen your heart, all sorts of great stuff!

I'll pray that you will find an acceptable mode of transportation soon, though. Hot calves and a strong heart are over-rated.

Anonymous said...

I give you credit. I won't even drive our car when a warning light goes on. I'm afraid I'll get stuck and no one will help me.

Praying that you find a way to get another car soon!

Jan said...

We have been without a car before, and it is tough, but I used my walks to the market and everywhere as a time to pray for the city and for people. It made me get in much better shape, and it gave me time to work out stress and frustrations. Be encouraged, though! God knows your needs and wants, and He will provide them in His time.

JulieMom said...

Ah, yes...the life of a missionary.

Car trouble is a constant. And though it can be expected, it doesn't make it easier to take.

Sorry for your trouble!! But God knows your need.

Susannah said...

Oh no! A Mom without wheels? A challenge. I like your positive attitude. :~D

Anonymous said...

Philippians 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

As a missionary teacher with New Tribes Mission, I lived by faith that God would supply my every need. He never failed me. Through the generosity of strangers, He provided me once with a $3,000 check. The man said, "I believe God would have me give this to you for a car. I was able to get a used car at auction with that money. A few years later when that car wore out, He provided through a retired missionary couple. Their son approached me one day, "My parents want to give you their car." I gave them $5 for it.

Married now, and living in Australia, I find myself without a car again. However, public transportation is abundant here. So, with petrol prices so high, we save a bundle using the buses, taxis, or walking. To our surprise, last week my brother offered to buy the car from me I had left behind in Michigan. Looking up the Blue Book value of the car, my husband and I discovered that it is only worth about $1,300. My brother insisted on paying us $2,500.

All this to say, take heart! God sees your need. He is well aware of it...and ALL the others before you are. He will provide. Perhaps in a way you least expect. When He does, please do let me know how He does it.

And one more thing...thank Him now for what He is doing that you don't see...He is actively involved in your life!

For His Name's Sake,
Deborah