Sunday, November 23, 2008
Ok, so perhaps I'm overreacting here, but I was just laying down for a rest.
I turn over, and hear a *CLUNK* . . .
"Oh yeah, that must have been my toiletries bag that I had at the foot of my bed."
I'm so tired that as soon as that thought registers it gets filed in the "not important now" file and I close my eyes again . .
Enter now my walking 1year old totteling about my room, checking in on mommy and I'm trying to ignore him, when I hear *rustle, rustle, rustle* and mommy senses start tingling . .
My thought process: "He's probably in the toiletries bag". . . I do a mental inventory of what's in their: tooth brush, tooth paste, floss, bottle of shampoo, deodorant . . . RAZOR!
Now I know, I NEED to get up and see what he's playing with - because you know he's not playing with the comb or brush . . .
"Of course, the razor" *eye roll*
Well he pulled through unharmed. But that's more than I can say for my 3 year old.
This time my mommy senses gave me no warning when my little spider monkey came crying in the house saying he fell.
That is not uncommon, and I usually don't make a big deal about a fall, except when he showed me his owie it was a PUNCTURE WOUND!
He fell on something, but it was unwitnessed and the best I can gather from him it was some metal protrusion on the porch.
One cancelled game night, trip to the ER and 5 stitches later he is fine . . . as he stands on the top of the little tykes car for toddlers smiling at me . . .
Me? I think I need a drink!
Friday, November 21, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
- 1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
- 2. Mostly to clean the house.
- 3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make mothers?
- 1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
- 2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
- 3. God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are mothers made of?
- 1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
- 2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
- 1. We're related.
- 2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.
What kind of little girl was your mom?
- 1. My Mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
- 2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
- 3. They say she used to be nice.
What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
- 1. His last name.
- 2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
- 3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?
Why did your mom marry your dad?
- 1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mom eats a lot.
- 2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
- 3. My grandma says that Mom didn't have her thinking cap on.
Who's the boss at your house?
- 1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a goof ball.
- 2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
- 3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.
What's the difference between moms & dads?
- 1. Moms work at work and work at home and dads just go to work at work.
- 2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
- 3. Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's.
- 4. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.
What does your mom do in her spare time?
- 1. Mothers don't do spare time.
- 2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.
What would it take to make your mom perfect?
- 1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
- 2. Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.
If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
- 1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
- 2. I'd make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.
- 3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.
Friday, November 07, 2008
I didn't recognize myself here since I honestly feel like I'm barely holding it all together - often!
So, Happy Mama, thank you. It really touched me. To see me through your eyes I feel a bit more . . . sane!
And as you said: it is now My pleasure to pass this award on:
I'd like to pass it on to Missionary Mom who just seems to have a lot of sense and purpose in her blog. She's careful and thoughtful. And will be welcoming home a new one soon!
Thursday, November 06, 2008
1) I *heart* cryptograms, but they are kinda hard to find.
2) I love Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe . . . oh my word that fellow can make me laugh!
3) I always thought that the reason I did not get the roll of Annie in the Movie Annie was cause we never made it to the casting call.
4) Unfortunately, my singing style/talent has been described as "lounge singer", not necessarily the good kind. Yes, I am the bad loud singer at church. Don't stare, it's rude, I'm not stopping.
5) My mother still tells people that I'm fluent in French, even though I have explained on numerous occasions that I took French for a couple of semesters, that is a far cry from being fluent.
6) Yo NO quiero Taco Bell. Nunca, jamas, por nada . . . .guacala!
Those I tagged: Brittney and Singalullaby and YOU!
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
went to the cupboard
to fetch her poor kids a bone
When she got there
her cupboard was bare
and so her poor kids had tomato soup
Which they didn't like one bit, but ate cause that's all we had.
So on the way to bible study at some fellow missionaries house I was thinking different things I could throw together to call "meals" but I sure wish I had some chicken.
Isn't our God good?
Doesn't he just know the wishes in our heart and every now and again surprise us with that, and so much more?
So, after bible study tonight, the missionary hostess and I were talking. I asked her about some instant oatmeal that she had offered me last week and I forgot - and then she asked me "Would you like some meat?"
Er, some chicken would be nice . . .
Then she proceeded to give me TWO grocery bags of meat.
Y'all, I have chicken.
And I have a frozen leg of lamb in my freezer!
God is good! And sometimes spoils rotten his kids.!
Saturday, November 01, 2008
It's a fine song, and I know it in English, but I haven't sung this in Mexico ever.
Well, from Lei's question in my comments, I realized two things - some of you really don't know how we worship here - passionately -
and often a song is originally an English song, but I only know it in Spanish. This is a song we often sign/sing on a Sunday. If this song is in English someone is going to have to tell me, because I only know it in Spanish.
Cuan hermoso How lovely
eres jesus are you Jesus
es tu poder is your power
fue tu cruz was your cross
La que me salvó, that which saved me me rescató; rescued me un momento ahí one moment there nos dio libertad gave us freedom (or "set us free").
cuan glorioso eres jesus how glorious you are Jesus
son tus palabras are your words
es tu amor is your love
con una corona de espinas with a crown of thorns
te hicistes you became
rey por siempre king for ever
con una corona de espinas with a crown of thorns
te hicistes you became
rey por siempre king forever
te doy gloria we give you gloria glory
te doy gloria we give you glory