"This project is currently being used to hold Christian camps for the orphanage
kids in Baja. In the future, a conference center will be built to hold Christian
conferences for youth, married couples, local churches and children. Eventually,
a Bible College will be built to train up students from all over the country of
Mexico to pastor churches and be the future leaders of Mexico."
Friday, April 27, 2007
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
|What Your Bathroom Habits Say About You|
You are a very considerate person, but that doesn't mean you let people walk all over you.
Your idea of fashion is jeans and a t-shirt. Clean, if you're lucky.
You are a very outgoing person. You are true to yourself, and you never hold back.
In relationships, you tend to take care of your needs first. You can only be with someone who's as independent as you are.
Monday, April 23, 2007
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Friday, April 20, 2007
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Well, wouldn't you believe that we DID!, but it was late when we got it, so we went to bed all dreaming of hot showers in the morning . . .only to wake up to almost no water pressure as I filled the tub for the kids . . and by the time I had finished draining the tub to turn to take myself a lovely hot shower there was no water at all!
The water company said that it was repairs being done to the street and would be done by the afternoon, but as I write today we still have no water. And something in my kitchen is starting to stink like a dead mouse. It just might be a mouse, but I'm kinda thinking it's the dishes.
You know, life is never boring here.
*Update* I just stepped out of a hot shower! The water came on about 4:30am, and nothing sounded sweeter to me than the sound of the toilet tank filling up. Now, to attack those dishes!
Sunday, April 15, 2007
\\ Con su A.M.O.R voy a conquistar
J.E.S.U.S en mi
V.I.D.A y mi corazón//
Con Jesús Cristo
Soy siempre listo
Para enfrentar las cosas que frente en esta vida
Con su amor
Para ser todo lo que puedo ser
(repeat of first verse)
\\ With his L.O.V.E I’m gonna conquer
the W.O.R.L.D with
J.E.S.U.S in my
L.I.F.E and my heart//
With Jesus Christ
I’m ever ready
To face the things that I’ll confront in this life
With his love
I am compelled
To be everything I can be
(repeat first verse)
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Blame it on the pregnancy, or on the lack of a full night sleep because of little ones still trying to get into mama's bed in the middle of the night, or what have you . . . but Sarah echoed pretty much what I'm feeling . . P.M.S without the M part.
Still have that peace that passes all understanding, and that's a good thing! Funny how even Joy doesn't depend on how your feeling . . . um, do you get that or am I jumping off the deep end here?
Now for the good, the bad and the ugly in reverse order:
The ugly part: We are at the lean time of our month, and after months of use our gas has finally decided to run out on us. Meaning, no hot water and no gas stove for 3 days now. (I'm naming and claiming that this problem gets resolved tomorrow!) I feel so gross, in sore need of a shower! But praise God for toaster ovens and microwaves!
The bad part: I have been diagnosed for Gestational Diabetes. Although not too surprising since both my pregnancies previously I got GD, but this time it has come quite early . . . so I'm off of sweets and really have been limited in the carbs and starches. Did you know that green peas were considered a STARCH! But peanut butter is a PROTEIN! WOO HOO! (no bursting my bubble and warning me about the sugar in Skippy, y'all!)
The good part: I'm a rule follower for the most part and if the doctor says no sweets, I'm pretty good at sticking to it (except for Skippy) and the end results usually are that I lose weight throughout my pregnancy and come out looking GREAT!
So, if I haven't posted anything of quality, or don't for a bit, forgive me, since I am trying to abide by the "if you don't have anything good to say" rule . . .
Just kidding . . . *giggle* like that would stop me~
Friday, April 13, 2007
It sounds good, but when you look at the comparison summary:
Of the 12832 unique test takers...
66% scored higher, and 33% scored lower.
The average Raw Score is: 101.2, your's was: 92.
OK, friends . . what did you get?
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Monday, April 09, 2007
|What Your Hands Say About You|
You are logical, analytical, and rational. You have good verbal skills.
Idealistic and dreamy, you tend toward the impractical. You have a knack for getting yourself in sticky situations.
Brainy and intelligent, you are intellectual to the point of being incomprehensible.
Your emotions tend to be relaxed and uncomplicated. You don't read too much into things.
Not too bad. Don't know about the "Idealistic and dreamy" part, but I won't read too much into it.
until a comment made to the posted song below I never had heard the saying "Christian Cheese"
Ever curious I did a search to find the meaning of it. Apparently it is the commercialization of Christianity and it's marketing . . . . I came across one link in particular that I thought was particularly good. (Reminds me of the book "Why Men Hate Going To Church"by Rick Warren)
So confession #2:
I don't like the effeminate Jesus or angels for that matter. Never in the bible is an angel a woman. In fact, I'm pretty convinced that these angels would appear more as warriors, intimidating men than effeminate since every time they showed up somebody was scared!
So, not that I'll snub my nose if someone kindly gives me an lady angel thing-a-ma-bob. . . we appreciate (love) the thought, but we just don't buy these things for ourselves.
This leads me to confession #3:
once I did find out what "Christian Cheese" was I had to laugh that I got pegged for it, since that song posted is about as cheesy as I get in regard to Easter. My hubby and I don't like christian cheese either . . . we even go a crazy step more and don't celebrate Easter, or Christmas . . .
*you read that right *
instead, as I said in my last post-His birth and His Resurrection is something we should celebrate everyday. So we chose not to take all the other religions, myths, marketing and so forth and wrap them up into something called a "Christian" holiday but really isn't.
No worries though, we don't think this is any super-saint type actions to take, it is simply our personal choice (and it makes getting through the holidays a lot less stressful too!) and if we got gifts from someone for Christmas we enjoyed it . . . if we get chocolate bunnies from friends, we eat them with joy!
And if your finding this hard to swallow, imagine what my dear mother-in-law went through! LOL, my own mother for that matter! Both raised us with Christmas trees and Rudolf the red nose reindeer, Peter cottontail and the works . . . OH WHERE DID THEY GO WRONG, they lament!!!!
But just so you know. After church we did have a ham lunch with mom, friends and family, followed by a game of Hand and Foot . . .
and confession #4:
I never bought a WWJD anything, or own a thing like it that I can think of . . . as I told a friend "I don't really follow the fads, but that is just another way to saying I can't afford the fashion." . . .
Yet in all sincerity . . . my life is wrapped in and centered around Jesus Christ, and that will, time and again show through (hopefully more so than not) and if that is pegged "christian cheesy" then I am glad to be one guilty mama.
Saturday, April 07, 2007
Friday, April 06, 2007
I can not find you! Your gonna have to give me your new URL. But you asked about who sings in the video I posted below . . . I would LOVE to tell you!
The music is from the CD of my cousin Jason Schultz and his wife Rigel. Their music group is named "Hijos De Asaf" and their first CD is named "Mi Mundo es Muy Pequeno". Meaning "My world is very small"
This CD is VERY mission minded . . . and what can I say . . I love it! I hope to post more videos with their music . . . (and if your interested in purchasing a CD, do do e-mail me!)
In the meantime here is one video I found on youtube of their title track:
Thursday, April 05, 2007
I am Tigerlily Sandydowns!
I like it! When I typed in my family member's names we are the family of Sandydowns! My son is Mungo Sandydown, my husband Dimple Sandydowns!
Then you can check your elven name too . . .
Tári Eärfalas for me. And again my son has the coolest name with Valandil Eärfalas.
You know, we haven't picked a name for this third baby yet . . . I kinda like Mungo.
(just kidding, ma!)
So, what is your hobbit name?
PS. Kelly . . . your husband's name is a hoot! Not to mention your family name!!! LOL
If you click on the picture it will link to the site.
This one is titled "Smart Dog"
Just thought I'd share a chuckle. :-)
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
(My little camera lets me take a minute or so video . . . thought you might like to have a look-see of something we'd love to have more of. . .)
Monday, April 02, 2007
- Speed bumps will take out the bottom of your mini-van
- You will get stood up. Bank on it.
- If you don’t know what it is, don’t eat it.
- Brain can be served in a tortilla.
- Stomach can be served in a tortilla.
- There are many different types of mole (a typical salsa). It takes a while to find one that you like.
- There is no Taco Bell.
- Motorcycles don’t have to stay in a lane.
- Car alarms are ignored. Always.
- You might see cows or horses on the freeways.
- Dog poop happens.
- Bus drivers are not afraid to hit you.
- If you get there on time, you’re early.
- The electricity can go out for no apparent reason.
- You can buy almost anything on the side of the road, or in the boarder line wait.
- Dogs are used as a house alarm.
- Dogs bark at all hours.
- There will be someone trying to give you a flyer at a signal light.
- Also at a signal light someone will put some chocolate bar or other goodies on your windshield, if you don't want to buy it then leave it, he'll get it before you drive off.
- Clowns juggle at intersections.
- Stores might be open at the time they say they are open, but probably not.
- Nobody will leave a message on your answering machine.
- Nothing ends on time.
- You can get knock offs of just about everything.
- There’s one gas company…government owned pemex…no competition there.
- They pump your gas for you, may even wash your windshield while they're at it.
- The gas guy for your house may try to rip you off.
- They paint lines on the street by hand.
- Movies are mostly in English with subtitles.
- If someone will be late or not show up to a meeting, they will probably not call you to tell you about it.
- There might be a pothole big enough to eat your car in your lane at any time.
- Don’t pronounce English words with an English accent or nobody will understand you. For example, you must pronounce “hot dog” with a Spanish accent.
- By the way, "awt doug"(a hot dog) is the full thing (dog, bun, ketchup, etc). A salchicha is just the hot dog and can be used as a pizza topping.
- If you buy a hot dog it will come with mayonnaise, diced tomatoes and perhaps a bacon piece wrapped around it.
- Ketchup goes on pizza, eggs, popcorn . . .
- A money loan to a friend should be seen as a gift.
- The word translated "right now" can mean anytime in the (maybe) future.
- 2nd street is for tourist shopping.
- If you need to change lanes, just stick your arm out the window (see the link in # 35)
- You can do just about anything in your car if you put on your flashers.
- Pretty much everyone has a cell phone. Even the deaf because of text messaging.
- If you call a cell phone, you pay for the call.
- Traffic roundabouts are dangerous. You could get stuck in one all day.
- In just about every parking lot, and in the boarder line wait, someone will ask you if you want your car washed, whether it needs it or not.
- I hope you like mayonnaise. It will be loaded on your sandwich.
- Uneven pavement is a fact of life.
- You can buy corn on the cob smothered with mayonnaise and chili powder.
- Popcorn at the movies must be accompanied by hot salsa and lime.
- The trunks of trees should be painted white…I think it has something to do with bugs.
- Babies should be covered all the way pretty much at all times. There is no such thing as "dressed to warm" for baby.
- Children are not allowed to drink cold drinks or they will get sick.
- And no one should step on cold floors, or jump in cold water on a hot day for the same reason.
- Baby car seats are optional.
- Coca Cola from a bottle goes great with tacos.