Thursday, May 22, 2008

Heaven, I'm in heaven . . .

*ring*
"You! Go get your teeth brushed, and
*ring!*
You! no, no more chocolate milk . . ."
*ring*!
"Hello? Bueno?" This is how I typically answer the phone here in our home.
"Hello, Michelle? This is Karen." she's a fellow missionary from a different ministry here in Ensenada. She and her husband were directors of an orphanage as of late, but just recently were following God into new areas.

I just loaded up my two kids with Karen and her youngest two (she is a mother to 5) and she is taking them to a Carl's Jr (yes, in Mexico) with a massive play place. That was at 12:30 and she is bringing them back at 5pm.

So here I sit, just me and the baby. Baby is happy chowing down on cheerios and graham crackers. I'm having some flavorful Spanish rice and re fried beans topped with queso fresco and a glass of ice tea . . . I'm out of tortillas.

*shrug* Ni modo

Aaahhhhhh

Oh, and she dropped off dinner for me and the family, too!

Talk about blessing your socks off!

Speaking of blessing your socks off, I got to tell you about Heather's blessing!
Who is probably going about 21 different directions at once about now . . . !
If you don't know her (you really should) she is moving to Japan very soon with her family. She saw that in this interview I mentioned that I needed a lap top and so she offered me a Vaio computer that is very compact, albeit not a laptop, but smaller, newer, faster then the one I was using.

On Tuesday we were able to use this newer computer to do our deaf women's bible study via web cam! And I am having all sorts of fun downloading itunes and the such. Can you believe that my other computer didn't have room to allow me to do that?!?!?!? I am so tickled, just bursting with gratitude - so Heather, if you do stop by to give a read:

THANK YOU!!!! and mucho hugs your way, OK?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are being blessed... in my opinion you surely deserve it :o)

Pastor Ron said...

Now how do I get a friend like that..Just kidding! I am happy that you had such a relaxing day!

Rita Loca said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! I am traveling today but will be back to check out your. I lived in Mx for a year, Queretaro where my husband has family.

Susannah said...

Lol, I love your phone dialogue!!!

BTW, I've tagged you for a meme.

Have a blessed weekend,
e-Mom @ Chrysalis

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

What a great day!

hehehe, I've got a ton of tortillas and don't know what to do with them. I'm thinking chicken enchiladas...hubby doesn't care for tacos, and neither of us can stand beans so burritos are out!

Anonymous said...

How nice! Glad you're getting a bit of a break all around!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! I'm so thankful that God used the interview to provide a new-to-you computer! That was my hope with posting missionary interviews. Having been a missionary myself, I know how difficult it can be to share your needs with others. The Lord gave me the idea of doing this not only to challenge others with missions, but also to educate others on how to support missionaries. I'm so thankful that God answered this prayer of yours and met this need. He is faithful!