Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Meeting Heather IRL
  1. She is genuine. As you "know" her in her blog - so I found her in person. I really liked that!
  2. We took her almost 4 year old, my just 3 year old, and her 2 year old to Disneyland. I totally recommend this place for meeting other bloggers . . . 'sides, they got rides, giant friendly mice and stuff. ;-)
  3. The kiddos got along wonderfully - so much so that when we told them they couldn't chase each other around screaming and having a ball while we were in line - the three of them had a small melt down in protest.
  4. I loved how Heather handled it. She held firm. If she was flustered, I didn't see it
  5. Caffeine addict
  6. Our talk ranged from families - to theology. The good, the bad and the ugly!
  7. A woman after my own heart. :-)
  8. We won a fastpass to all the major rides and attractions of which we used none, I mean really - they didn't have a fast pass for the Dumbo ride!
  9. The weather was drizzly at first and then cleared up - so we had no crowds and short lines.
  10. I'm amazed at all she does! I love that she reads her bible every day.
  11. Even though her hubby didn't need to be up until much later he was awake to help us load the kids, and warm the car by 7am.
  12. By 3:30 both of us needed coffee and the kids needed naps! But none of the little ones would leave without seeing Ariel. Of which Heather has all the pictures since my camera is on loan.
  13. Despite a wager otherwise ALL kids were out by the time we were halfway to San Diego. The 2 year old put up the most noble fight against it, but the sandman won out, and Heather and I gabbed all the way back.

It was crazy, it was fun, it was exhausting and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!


8 comments:

Rhonda in Chile said...

We're coming home on furlough next Sept. to LA. We'll have to get together at DL too!!!

Anonymous said...

Very, very cool- glad you guys had fun together!

*~*Cece*~* said...

What a great post. The only bloggers I've met are online friends I met years ago.

Glad you had a great time.

Heather Hansen said...

I had a fun time too! I haven't posted about it yet... then again I haven't had the time...

Email me your address and I'll send you a CD of the pictures. I was uploading them at Kokakgallery.com yesterday but I got sidetracked. When I get them finished I'll send you the link.

My kids were MONSTERS yesterday being so tired from Tuesday. YIKES! It's much better today but Seth keeps asking to go back to "Mickey's Clubhouse".

If I don't talk to you - have a good time on your cruise!

Rebekah said...

Sounds like a blast! I am so glad you guys were able to meet.

K said...

Sounds like you all had a lot of fun! I'm glad you two were able to meet!

Anonymous said...

How cool! There are a whole bunch of bloggers that I would love to meet!

Girl Raised in the South said...

What a great place to do a MIRL. I've only met two, we met at Paneras and its so nice to put a face and heart with a blogpost. Sounds like you guys had a great time.