Tuesday, November 07, 2006

9 weird things meme

Pink Diary had this one.

List 9 weird tid-bits about yourself.

  1. I found skydiving boring after the fist 5 seconds. Yet I did it a second time. It was still dull.
  2. I can't spell, but I enjoy a game of scrabble.
  3. Left and Right is such an abstract and changeable idea for me it doesn't stick, instead I give "to your north" or "on the south side" type of directions. And if we need to make a turn in a car its not "left" or "right" its "my way" "your way"
  4. Bugs, spiders, mice, snakes do not bother me unless they come into my personal space - or they are poisonous.
  5. I don't like to decorate and then "un"decorate and that is one of the reasons, come the holiday seasons, we don't do anything special in the house. We'll celebrate with others if invited, but we do nothing different at home. Thanksgiving may be an exception in the future, but so far we haven't even done anything in our home for that. My children are so deprived! I know!
  6. I love the feeling of cleaning my ears out with a Q-tip. No - you don't understand. I LOVE it. LOOOOOOVE eyes-rolling-back-into-my-head-cause-it-feels-so-good IT! Yes, I know it's not good for the ears, and I've had my ears canals swell up shut for weeks once because of it - but I can't stop myself. LOVE IT.
  7. Parades make me cry - all types - the good ones, the rinky-dink ones. I'm such a sap.
  8. I have a healthy appriciation and general preference for the artificial. Pee behind a tree and use leaves or have indoor plumbing? Milk a cow, or have a plastic gallon at hand? Mommy-belly-rolls (which are a badge of pride for some, so I'm not knocking it, just-- not mine.) or liposuction? Headache or tylonol? Artificial, non-organic foods, canned, packaged, medicated, instant, preserved, disposable . . . Them are my buzz words! I realize this might make me a bad person is someone's opinion, but I'm OK with me.
  9. I do not wish for world peace; "But when you hear of wars and commotions, do not be terrified; for these things must come to pass first . . . Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom . . . Then they will see the Son of Man." (Luke 21:9, 10, 27)

6 comments:

Rhonda in Chile said...

I especially love, love, love number 8! I live in a country town, and they are all into herbal healing and fresh cows milk. Yikes!!!! I want my milk in a sterile box and I really don't want to know where my meat came from. I just thank God for it and eat up. And I just love antibiotics!
BTW, way to go on your ticker!

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

You find sky-diving boring? Hmm.

I grew up in a mountain resort. But I'm afraid of heights.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the cleaning the ears out with a Q-tip- supposedly it way ups your chances for getting tinitus (ringing in the ears)- but I have a hard time stopping too...

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the ear cleaning thing too, what is it about the Q-tip that is so thrilling? My 8 year old asks me to clean his ears all the time, he loves it too. I haven't heard it's bad except if you stick it in too far...

Amanda Hunt said...

LOL, we would get on so well. Might do this meme.

Anonymous said...

You are funny, Michelle. I love especially #9 :)