Saturday, November 11, 2006

Mexican Food?

"What do I do with this?" Teresa asked me.

She's a young Mexican lady from Ensenada. We were at a women's retreat together.

"You first lay the chips" says me

"Like this?"

"Yeah . . . um . . all across the plate, yeah like that."

"Then what?"

"Well you put what you'd like on top; lettuce, tomato, beans, meat, cheese . . .olives . . .you know, whatever you like. Oh, and a dab of sour cream on top."

"Thats all then, nothing else to eat? What is this?"

"Taco Salad."

*giggle* "You funny Americans!"

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds good to me! I think this funny American might just have taco salad tomorrow...thanks for the idea!

Chaotic Mom said...

HAHAHAHAHA! This reminds me of the Americanized Korean food I ate in KOREA! ;)

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd say hi as I'm trying to visit and comment on as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can. :)

It is interesting to think of some of the things that we think are foreign traditions, but really are creations of our own - like fortune cookies. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh...but it's soooo good!!! (Even if it is funny *wink*)