Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Twilight Zone (for me)

I am the only one here (am I?), it seems, that finds it funny that a tortilla is being called a "boritto shell" !?

I really am having a tough time asking for a boritto shell for my quesadilla with a straight face!
*snicker*

A shell gave me the image of a hard thing. Like a hard shell taco or something. Guess not.

*snicker*

(Updated 8/10) Flipflop mama and Kellygirl asked me where I am. I am in the big MO with the in-laws. :-) It's a different world!

6 comments:

Rhonda in Chile said...

Burrito shell? Huh? You are too far from home, Honey,
R

Kelly Lynch said...

Oh, how about a wrap? They also call it that. Sounds like a little shawl or something you'd put over your shoulders. Hey people!..Just call it what it is...a Tortilla! We get so 'politically correct' that we don't want to offend the tortilla, like it will end up with a comlpex!
So sad to have missed you online today my friend...hope to chat later. So where in the world are you that the name of food changes. I feel like I am in a 'little Mexico' here in Texas!

Anonymous said...

Um...okay...yes, that is funny and you are not alone. "A burrito shell?!!!" HA!

Aunt Murry said...

I moved to MO almost two years ago and I have found ti very difficult to fins a really good mexican place. I come from Okalhoma where you can't throw a 'burrito shell' (yes that is very funny) without hitting a a GREAT AUTHENTIC Mexican restaurant. I was dating this guy who took me to one restaurant who swore it was the real thing. I about dies when they brought the tacos out with parmesean chees on them. (I bet you know the place I am talking about) It was decent but not authentic.

Aunt Murry said...

Sorry about all the typos. I was laughing at the 'Burrito Shells'

Mama Duck said...

LOL I've never heard that one! Too funny!!