Saturday, August 12, 2006

Captivating Chapter 9

Arousing Adam -

This was actually very different than I thought it was going to be. The title is so titillating and then the chapter came off as so matter of fact. So - hmmm

I especially agree with the words it had to say to the single women and would recommend any single lady to read this on page 163. I approach with caution the section of "Good Men That Do Not Belong To You" I believe that in opposite gender relationships we need to be VERY CAREFUL.

I did find it very interesting what it had to say about Adam's wound. Mostly I agree that in every man they need to be needed. And how does a woman love a man, hmm? By inviting! This was particularity interesting, and yet I am guilty of: "The typical Church Lady. She's actually quite beautiful, but she dresses in such a way as to hide it. Bag-shaped dresses, hair in a bun. Her heart is also shut down. . . . They don't attack or dominate. But neither do they allure. Their message is simply, "There's nothing here for you." . .. A man in her presence feels . . .Uninvited. Unwanted. (p.160) So let me go now and tell my man "I need you. I need your strength. I believe in you. You have what it takes"! (p.161)

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Looks like we're the only ones who have finished Chapter 9. I appreciated your thoughts on the chapter and I fully agree that we need to be SO careful in opposite gender relationships. Keep telling your man that you need him and that he has what it takes! Just like us, I think our husbands just long for affirmation from their wives!

Girl Raised in the South said...

Blogger keeps eating my comments, hope this doesnt show up twice. Like you and Courtney, I have big hesitation to her comment on opposite gender relationships. Nothing I've read on marriage ever has suggested this and I think it's dangerous. I would certainly have big hesitation on my husband having a woman friend, and I'm sure he'd feel the same about me. There were some things in this chapter I agreed with. Will be doing my post on it later this week.

Anonymous said...

Man...I've only gotten half-way through the chapter and it spoke straight to my heart. I need to finish it so I can post my thoughts as well....