- I think that we have one, maybe two outlets that are upright. ALL the others in the house are either sideways or upside down, which is no fun for pooh, or me who likes her Wallflowers!
- The floor in our bedroom is at a noticeable slant. I think I lay about an inch higher than my hubby when I'm laying next to him. (OK, maybe an inch is an exaggeration . . . )
- There are light switches to mystery things - cause after a year of living here we have NO idea what they're for.
- In the kitchen the sink is one big basin. Since I hand wash (no dishwasher: another gripe there) I like two basins for wash and rinse, you know?!
- Also in the kitchen we have an industrial size stove (HUGE) with like 8 burners on it or something, two ovens, BUT it leaks gas so we have to manually turn the gas of and on from outside the house if we want to use the burners. Can't use the ovens because (of the leaks) the pilot lights are a burning bush size!! And we just get an house full of smoke. The gas being off during non-use hours does mean we have no hot water unless we go turn on the gas and then light the water heater.
- But that's ok, since this two bedroom house with one granny studio has 4 bathrooms, but only ONE working shower. And we just CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY THE OTHER SHOWERS ARE NOT GETTING HOT WATER!!!!
- In the bathrooms there is an ugly green counter top that shows EVERY leftover spit and goop, that matches an ugly green mirror and has no near by towel rack. And do you see the white cord crossing the counter to behind the mirror-the only outlet in the bathroom .(upside down!)
- In our master bathroom there is a jacuzzie - except if you try to turn on the bubbles/jets you get a shock (not good, not good), so it just serves us as a BIG bathtub - ugly green.
- This is our yard. The trucks are not ours, but the owners and mastermind behind this house. And the tree is fake.
- This fortress is surrounded by a big cement wall enclosed by a HUGE red gate that is HEAVY and HARD to open. Not for the faint of heart!
Why isn't some of this fixed yet? Good question! My hubby is pretty handy at repairs too, but I've heard it said that a burnt out light bulb is the last thing to get fixed in an electricianss house. Honestly, it's that these 13 things are just a few of the MUCH MORE, also, my hubby has already fixed up several things already! And if it involves money or someone besides himself to become involved (and it otherwise doesn't directly affect him) like the stove would, it gets put to the bottom of his list.
Next week I will do 13 things I like about the house . . . Got to have balance!