Friday, October 13, 2006

Have you seen this dog?


I blogged about it here. And now it has happened. Dog-dog is MIA. I had postponed this post because I was in part denial and part of me was hoping that it would show up.

Neither has happened. And my daughter is doing OK, she mentions dog-dog, wants to "find it" and will sometimes speculate that he is being washed. But for the most part, she seems to miss him mostly when she is going to bed.

Me on the other hand am having HEART PANGS!

We were watching Toy Story 2, and the song called "When somebody loved me" came on and I almost BROKE DOWN AND CRIED!

What a sap I have become!

But it does just kill me to know that this worn out dog was probably picked up or ignored by people. If somebody did find him I imagine that they would just toss it, because they have NO IDEA how loved he is! By my little girl, and . . .well, by ME!

I guess dog-dog was my lovey too.

7 comments:

*~*Cece*~* said...

I can totally relate. My 4y.o. has an old cheapy bear we picked up at Wal-Mart one day, she named him Macaroni of all things. Well Mr. Macaroni has been her best friend for as long as I can remember and now he is gone. Just gone. She looks for him at night, but we just can't find him. The sad part is it seems like she's gotten over him, but I'm sad about loosing him! LOL

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain :( Poor little thing. I enjoyed your blog!

Anonymous said...

cute dog... so sad, hope you find it soon!

Cheryl said...

Who knows...dog dog just might be sleeping under the couch!

Anonymous said...

I will keep an eye out for him. And I do hope he is just hiding out under a bed or sofa soemwhere.

Anonymous said...

Oh this post strikes fear in my heart! We, too, have a "dog-dog"--who even LOOKS like yours--only ours is named Moondog. He is very very beloved. Abel is 9 1/2 yet if anything ever happens to Moondog, I think we would NEVER EVER hear the end of it. He would prob have to give up on college or something!
I am HOPING BEYOND HOPE that you find your dog-dog. :)

Nancy Murphree Davis said...

so sad that Dog-dog is lost. I don't know what my daughter would do without her lovey. I would be SO sad too. My ten year old still has to have Blankie at night.