Monday, April 03, 2017

Fasting

Ok, so let see.
Since I've written last.

I've been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
Then found out about the Ketogenic diet. Lost close to 40 lbs on it.

And then went and got my teaching certificate. Got a job at my kid's charter school as a personalized learning instructor/teacher, and am as happy as a clam.

Now, I've come across a book called "The Complete Guide to Fasting" that spins off  the ketogenic diet and tomorrow I'm going to start an extended day fast. My goal is to go to Saturday. So, with Tuesday, that would be a 4 day fast.

A friend of mine wanted to know about it.

I will be mostly water. Maybe add salt and/or lemon. Have tea when wanted/needed, and coffee with nothing added. And if needed, bone broth, if I start to feel desperate. But I will avoid it, as much as possible.

I will continue to take my diabetic medicine, as Keto and Cholesterol all improve with the decrease of insulin. But will monitor my blood sugars so that they don't swing too low.

Ok. That's my plan. I think Thursday might be hard because I have plans to make some cake rolls for the concession stand of my kid's community kid's program of Lion King Jr. But I believe I should be able to muscle through.

Alright?

No comments: