Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Fast, day 2

Well. I stayed up until 1:40 putting script lines into an app for my boy. Then my husband woke me about 6. I don't do well with little sleep.
And there is extraordinary stress being layed on us.
Anyway - this morning I was down 2 lbs.
My blood sugar was 90, my ketones 2.2

I did well with just coffee, bone broth, and water. But was bone tired and weak. Sluggish.
The idea that I would be attempting to bake cake rolls while fasting felt impossible. Then my husband announced he would make baby back ribs.

So I decided to break my fast. I licked the spoon, I took bites of batter. I have like 2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter with butter, 2 baby back ribs and I think that is it. So I ate. But I will do it guilt free because I know that I will go back on the fast starting tomorrow.

One of the most important things I've learned is that fasting has got to fit in your life, not your life to your fast. And we can indulge in those life moments (like me creating baked goods) knowing that we will do a healthy fast afterwards.

I'll start again on my fast tomorrow.

I didn't step on the scale. I'll do that in the morning. My evening blood sugar is 105, and my ketones have dropped to a mere 0.6

Here's to getting back on track tomorrow.

No comments: