Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Can I just get a WITNESS!

Old Mother Michelle in Mx
went to the cupboard
to fetch her poor kids a bone

When she got there
her cupboard was bare
and so her poor kids had tomato soup

Which they didn't like one bit, but ate cause that's all we had.

So on the way to bible study at some fellow missionaries house I was thinking different things I could throw together to call "meals" but I sure wish I had some chicken.

Isn't our God good?

Doesn't he just know the wishes in our heart and every now and again surprise us with that, and so much more?

So, after bible study tonight, the missionary hostess and I were talking. I asked her about some instant oatmeal that she had offered me last week and I forgot - and then she asked me "Would you like some meat?"

Uh, YES!

What kind?

Er, some chicken would be nice . . .

Then she proceeded to give me TWO grocery bags of meat.

Y'all, I have chicken.

And I have a frozen leg of lamb in my freezer!

God is good! And sometimes spoils rotten his kids.!

4 comments:

Pastor Ron said...

We have similar experiences...I will be talking to Hubby about one of the kids needing clothing and within a few days we get an ABUNDANCE! Isn't our God great!

Jim said...

Praise the Lord!

Isn't it funny how we don't like things when we only have one option? Manna syndrome, I guess. ;)

Enjoy your carne!

sarahgrace said...

That is awesome Michelle! God is so good.

Anonymous said...

Amen! I have witnessed many times God's on-time blessing. He's that good!

Growing with Julia