Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's all Facebook's fault!

Since when did I get such a strong feeling of obligation towards my blog?

Hmm?

Very similar like my blog is my neglected foster child -

And I had a pretty good google page ranking, and I've watched it slowly dwindle down to nothing. But I know - I KNOW - that my blogging is not significant, life changing or even always amusing . . . so why would I feel so BAD about not blogging? My blog is not vital , you know?!

Ever since I got into Facebook . . and OMWord, have I got "into" it. I can so easily spend all my free time there . . so easy . . .

And if Blogging has taught me anything, it's that I'm not a "writer". Why torture the world further? eh?

So that is my excuse - I've been abducted by Facebook and they're holding me for ransom. But I don't want to close my blog though - since a blog is the best place for a story, a memory, and something more than an "update"

If, for whatever reason, you miss me, you can find me there - at Facebook.

Meanwhile, while I'm here in Alaska *I KNOW! ALASKA!* I'll try to write some bloggable stuff and schedule them for posting . . . because this poor foster child is STARVING!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh please don't give this blog up! Just keep updating your kids and ministry here ok?

BTW, I've gone long times without posting too. It just happens.

sarahgrace said...

We need moose pictures!! ;-)

Brittney Harmon said...

yeah... I think I waited so long to post anything that people think I must have died. I don't even think they look anymore. Oh well... it was always more for me than any one else.

I love reading your blog btw.

mamashine said...

I am the same way! I love facebook. You're in ALASKA now? How did I miss that?

Off to try to find you on fb. :)

Heather Hansen said...

I heart Facebook.

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

I hear ya! Ever since I started facebook my blog has been almost completely neglected. Hey, I only have time for one addiction here! LOL

Jen S. said...

You're in Alaksa? Cool!

"Abducted by Facebook" LOLOLOL!!!

I lose SO much time on that website.

K said...

you're in Alaska!? cool!

Johnny said...

Oh I can so relate to this post. Facebook has stolen my time too. I think I prefer my blog though.

Tori Leslie said...

Okay so that comment from Johnny is me, my husband was signed in. Oops!

MikeandCharlsie said...

So good to see you back! Please don't abandon the blog! I have not gotten into the facebook thing yet...You have to blog about Alaska...what are ya doing there?

Unknown said...

a freaking month between posts!