Friday, March 07, 2008

A bit over stated . . .


*ugh*

I'm sitting for a bit because nothing else is working on me right now.

I did the healthy thing and pulled out a "Pilate's for the soul" . . a shaped by faith DVD.

Really nice, by the way, but for me - with 40 . . .um, OK, 50 extra pounds that I need to shed this first go at it was KILLER!
Half way through the leg lifts which should have been lovely and easy according to the non-sweaty and graceful lady on the screen -but are not! -translated by yours truly to barely discernible awkward flops and jerks - I express to my mother, who is sitting in the comfy faithful brown armchair sorting socks*how I love you brown armchair!* , that I can not lift my leg. I.CAN.NOT.MOVE.IT.one more time!

To which she replies - not joking-at all:

"Oh no, that's not good, if you can't move it you'll become paralyzed!"

Really folks . . .she was concerned for my atrophying legs . . .

I know I'm in bad shape - but pu-leeezzz!
Now, I'm waiting for that "burst of energy after a good workout" . . .
waiting . .
waiting . . .
. . . .
*myth*

13 comments:

Rhonda in Chile said...

That might just be what I was looking for!
I-m trying the Firm, but, well, I'll keep trying.
Keep up the good work!

Lauren said...

That's how I felt the first time I did my yoga. But hubby provided comic relief by pretending to do it along with me, so it helped a little bi.

Unknown said...

oh dear kindred cousin! I broke out the workout dvd's this week too, and now I hurt, especially when I laugh! So stop writing funny stuff, if you really love me.

Anonymous said...

There's supposed to be a burst of energy after a good workout????

Finnie Family said...

Hi, thanks for your comment on our blog. It's always good to meet new people.

Thought you might be interested in this link: http://www.frostmartinhazel.org/ They are a couple in Argentina doing not dissimilar stuff to yourselves.

Bless you
Dean

Anonymous said...

I soooo need to lose this baby flab. YUCK-O! I like pilates. Ever tried it? Oh well! One day maybe I'll get around to it. You've got 3 kiddos, don't you? How do you find time to do it?!!!!! :)

Pastor Ron said...

I really like the firm but yeah it hurts! I think you'll like the book I suggested. It's a quick read too. and you don't feel guilty about having to stop...you know when nap time is over! I know I am about 40 pounds over too..or at least my ideal! I have no Idea if it will be possible to get back to what I once was ..after 3 kids in 3 years! *sigh*

Kelly Lynch said...

the Firm...isn't that a show on tv? exersize..oh how i love to hate thee..you are my secret door to a thinner me..but you make me pay so painfully.
p.s. you better keep moving...you may get stuck in that position!

Connie said...

I just bought a pilates DVD! Haven't tried it yet. I've been riding a stationary bike/walking/using the elliptical at work on my lunch break,and I do find I have a burst of energy after those types of work outs.

I've always wondered why they have such skinny people on those videos, like they need the workout! Come on, show me a fat person like me who can do what you are telling me to do!

JulieMom said...

I have always wanted to try pilates, but I think now I'm scared. I like feeling/moving my legs...

:0) Kudos to your mom though for the concern.

And yes, how DO you find the time???

I also have three in three years and a *cough*few*cough* extra pounds.

MikeandCharlsie said...

Hi Michelle,
Thanks for checking in. I have been enjoying your blog. This workout looks good! I am still trying to lose some baby weight too! I loved your blog party post, it reminds me of Oaxaca!

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I didn't know they had "shaped by faith DVDs" I'll have to go look for them! (Along with Trekkies and Trekkies2.) I'm learning so much from you, and I've only read three posts!!

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I didn't know they had "shaped by faith DVDs" I'll have to go look for them! (Along with Trekkies and Trekkies2.) I'm learning so much from you, and I've only read three posts!!