Sunday, December 30, 2007

I'm back!

there is a moment in the mothers morning where she realizes that the little ones just are not going to let her sleep for a moment more

I really, really, wanted an hour more before we start getting ready for church, but . . . forget it! And so, with the kids having their very healthy and slaved over breakfast of toast and apples I have a moment to catch up with you all.

Oh man, but where do I begin? . . . .I think I'm gonna need coffee first . . .. hold one second . ..

*sigh* aaaaaahhhhhh

You know, the saying "When it rains, it pours." Well it has been hurricane season here.

First my computer dies, right when I needed it most! Then Virginia falls into a coma and is hospitalized. But no sooner did that happen then my own husband gets admitted to the hospital for pneumonia and my baby is diagnosed with RSV and pneumonia as well. Oh, and a "by the way" I have a cough that won't go away, but not nearly as urgent as all the above.

So in that order lets deal out updates . . .

We celebrate this morning because I now have a working computer thanks to my super bro. It's a "new to us" computer, but better than the one that died and functioning! Woo Hoo!

As for my good friend, ministry co-worker, Virginia, as II have been able to talk to her husband Carlos (the deaf pastor here) he seems amazingly calm and peaceful. It has been prayer! And yesterday I am told that they have taken her off the respirator, she is breathing on her own, she is off a lot of the medications they had her on to stabilize her and she is doing well. Her eyes are open, but unfocused. They were hoping to get her sitting in a wheel chair. I ask about her hands. If she has tried to sign. But no one knows. I hope to go in to see her today . . . . keep praying.

My husband scared me so bad when I first got him home from the hospital. He was SO weak and unable to do anything. It was so unlike him, and before he left the hospital his doctor told him that they found some fluid around his heart so that he had "A little CHF, congestive heart failure" and then his doctor when on vacation.

So seeing my husband weak, and unable to much get out of bed, I thought the "little CHF" was getting "a lot" and didn't know where to turn, since it was Christmas and all . . .
I did what I typically do when I need a reality check, I called my aunt. She has had pneumonia too and said that it took her 4 months to get out of bed and a whole year to fully recover.

*whew*

So his fatige is normal. And he will be taking it easy.
He is feeling better now, and yesterday he helped me with cleaning up the kids room (*grovel thank you! thank you oh hubby of mine! grovel*) and he hopes to be on the field again on Monday. But he insists that he is going to only point fingers and supervise, not do anything physically exacting.

As for the baby, he is taking his meds, getting nebulized every 8 hours and as happy as can be. The doctor says that she has never seen a baby with RSV be so happy. The baby is resting a lot, and drinking lots of mommas milk. He will not be doing anything physically exacting . . . so we are all good.

I finally got an appointment for myself, and am being treated for bronchitis plus my doctor said I have sever allergies. Totally treatable, and I'm feeling better too.

Now it is time for me to get ready to go to church. As I mentally prepare myself to interpret for the worship, I kind of hit a melancholy note, since it is Virginia that loved the signed worship more than anyone. I have to confess, I don't have as much "gana" -as they say here- or much "want to", to sign without her.

2 comments:

K said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, glad that your husband and baby are both doing better and I'm happy to hear the news about Virginia. I have been thinking about her and really pray that she makes a complete recovery.
It sounds like you've been through so much lately, you all are in my thoughts and prayers. ((Hugs))

Unknown said...

"Some days your best is not enough; you have to do what it takes"
-Winston Churchill

Praise the Lord for families willing to do what it takes in good times and hard times, when they feel like it and when they don't. You and your family are in our prayers. May God continue to bless all you do to serve Him.