Monday, November 19, 2007

And all that jazz . . .

So, my hubby and I were talking about the job distribution in regard to the dishes.
You see, we don't have a dish washer . . .

Oh, wait, I'm wrong, we do. . . but it is on the porch without a "shell", or outer covering.
We got it for $40! . . .About a year ago.

Meanwhile, while we wait for hubby to install it, we've been washing the dishes by hand.

Lately I've been so busy I've allowed the dishes to pile up for three days, which is ugly business, really . . . but I just haven't had time (hence not blogging much either).

So, in regard to the dishes I asked if he could help, and he said, "I do half of the dishes already!"
"What?"
"Yeah, I put them away."

*bwahahahahahaha*

OK . . *whew* Now I long ago I promised myself that I wouldn't start a blog by apologizing for not writing, so this isn't an apology, but I do find that I have to give myself a break . . .

I have to remind myself that I am still in the newborn stage with the little one just turning 2 months, and that I get a lot more done now than I did with my first newborn.

I have to remind myself that I am still running around interpreting, and doing bible studies for the deaf ladies and trying to correspond with our supporters and such ministry business obligations as required (that don't stop just cause I have a newborn) and thats a lot!

I do think I broke my toe on Saturday, still did interpreting on Sunday, and haven't had time to go to the doctors . . won't have time until maybe next week.

The house is a far cry from "clean" and I am anticipating the arrival of two precious aunts from Minnesota tomorrow for a week stay, and then am hosting a Thanksgiving here on Wednesday, where my two brothers and a significant other are coming.

Still have a cough, as does the hubby, and two of the three kids.

So I here by permit myself NOT to stress the visit.
Not to stress the lack of time to visit my bloggity friends (although I do miss you all like crazy)
I'm giving myself a break!
And if I have to blog while nursing a baby at the breast, so be it.
That's what boppy's are for right?

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a dishwasher at our house . . . me! hee hee

I have a feeling that as the holidays approach, more and more bloggers will be posting less. Family should come first!

Cheryl said...

It is totally okay. I think most of us feel the same way. Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving.

Kathie said...

All of that sounds so familiar. We are missionaries in Costa Rica. Been on the field since 1985. Raised and homeschooled 5 children. All are now grown and gone except for the youngest who is 19 and thinking about college. I know how busy you can get. As my dad often said, "You have too many irons in the fire." He was right and I still do. Praying for you, your family, and your ministry. Blessings from Costa Rica

Unknown said...

Ahhh, dear cousin of mine,

Empathy from Wisconsin. Enjoy our precious aunts. Hug them for me, have them hug you for me.
Greet your brothers!

My dishwasher is sitting in art class right about now. But when he gets home at 3:45...

Love you.

K said...

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

I always blog while nursing! Ha ha! Otherwise it wouldn't ever happen...

And my hubby "thinks" he helps out with the dishes too...

Have a nice break and a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Girl Raised in the South said...

Sounds like youre doing just fine setting priorities and dishes can wait - happy thanksgiving to you and your family. xoxoxo

Virginia Revoir said...

Ooooh, I feel your pain! My house is so behind right now and I know who's causing all the messes! I'm tired right now and can't seem to find the time to clean just yet. Normally things are looking pretty good but I just can't seem to keep up this last week. I try not to kick myself about it because I know I'm not just being lazy. I'm just incredibly busy. So make sure you realize that too about yourself! :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I sure hope you left it all a mess for the aunts to clean up. Relatives who visit like to feel that they're needed. Give yourself as many free passes as necessary. As a sahm, I know when I'm not stressin' about cleaning or chores everybody is better for it!

Kelly Lynch said...

Oh Michelle! I feel your pain...not your toe pain (so sorry)! But the pain of not having enough time for your own simple pleasures...like blogging! *sigh* I had a week off from work (cause I work with the school district) and I finally got around to a post or two! Yay! But really, I think it is ok to sacrafice a little home in the name of blog friends...sometimes. Cause we love you!